Hey Kenny,

Yup, the region is set for all servers. Would that be respected for hlds
/ srcds updates seeing as the server.cfg file is probably just another
file to update for each hlds / srcds mod? I'm going to try deleting the
clientregistry.blob file and see if a slightly more sane content server
is chosen.

I guess it's not such a big issue for US servers, but at least in NZ /
Aus, international traffic is rated a bit differently. It's kinder,
faster, and usually cheaper, to use domestic traffic over international.

Again, not a big deal, but please Alfred, could you add to the
srcds/hlds to-do-list, a system where we can select a number of
preferred content servers?

Cheers and thanks,
Andrew

Kennycom wrote:

Andrew on the server do you guys have the region set? I was wondering if
that help the game server pickup content servers closer to your location...