From: "stalker333" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Saturday, July 30, 2005 7:36 PM
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] Steambans VS VAC

Merk,

Do us all a favor then, and keep your "opinions" to yourself. You posted
here to do what? A public service announcement? Start a fight over your
complete misunderstanding of the VAC AND Steamban systems? Honestly, if you
can't take a reply, don't bother posting on a MAILING LIST! Jesus...

Now in case you give a damn about the accuracy of the information you are
spreading, heres this...

AFAIK Steamban is run by PLAYERS who make the call to ban someone or not.
Since steamban is checking against a blacklist, of course it "seems" to ban
more people. Think about this, however, the VAC bans first off are not
handled by humans (Thus the amount of false bans are pretty damn low) and
they are delayed, so you would never see anyone "disconnected" like steamban
does.

The systems work together fine, from what I understand. So steamban can add
another layer of protection, for what its worth. Also I hear the steamban
team does try their best to avoid false positives, but frankly I trust my
own eyes more than theirs.

Good day!

-Smurf

Message: 10