Er speak to someone that actually released model change support?

Ook wrote:
I had a player changing models, trying different models (I have over 700
player models available on server). After doing this a few minutes, when he
changed models, the other players could no longer see the models (yes, they
have the models on their client) and it stuck at hgrunt. 10 seconds later,
everyone's client crashed at the same time, while the server kept running.
They were able to rejoine sucessfully. Is this a known exploit of some
sort,
where a bad model, or changing models, can cause everyone's client to crash
at the same time?