Have you tried to not load up any mod to debug the unusually high cpu?

At 06:53 PM 8/16/2005, Scott Tuttle wrote:
I currently have a dual Opteron 246 on Centos4 and have noticed some
weird things.

I start it witht eh followign command
screen -A -m -d -S myhlserver ./hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 20
+ip x.x.x.x +port 27015 +map de_dust -dll
addons/metamod/dll/metamod_i386.so +sv_region 0 -binary ./hlds_i686

The machine has more than one ip address bound to the nic card thats in it.

I run other servers off the other addresses but they all get 27015 for
their ports.  I only allow port 27015 UDP in from the internet.
Requests from the server outwards are all permitted.

What I am noticing is the following:

1. I see much greater cpu utilization for the hlds binary in linux
than I do Windows server 2003.  Is this to be expected?  Should I be
running my servers with different options?  Not using the i686 binary?

2. My servers stop respoding to queries.  hlsw just shows the machine
as timed out.  Same with the steam browser.  Is anyone else
experiencing this type of problem?  If I reboot the machine they
appear to show up fine, for a while.  These servers even have players
playing if I load back the screen session.  But I cant query the
server.  Is this possibly because of the oldqueries changes?

I just recently jumped to linux due to "licensing issues" with windows
2003 servers.  But at this rate I think I may jump back do to high cpu
utilization issues or these other problems.

Any help would be greatly appreciated