From: "Mike Knight" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2005 7:01 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] HLDS Timing issue on AMD64

You can acheive 1000FPS with a pingboost of 2.

I never run pingboost >2 and i have never seen this problem on any of my
servers.  A pingboost of 3 might keep the FPS at 1000 more often, but as
anyone who has owned/run a 1000FPS server knows, the FPS is far from
stable anyways.

Marcel wrote:
Hi,

Some people want servers with 1000FPS (I know that's nonsense, but they
want
it) and you only get it with pingboost 3 and a high sys_ticrate.

It would be great when someone has a solution for this problem. This
"Timing
issue" also happened on a P4 with Fedora.

BTW: It's sys_ticrate (not sys_tickrate). It's also enough when you add
"sys_ticrate 500" to your server.cfg.

- Marcel

| > |
| > | Hello,
| > |
| > | I am running HLDS (with no addon) on an AMD64 3000+ processor.
| > | The OS is Debian Sarge 3.1, here is the uname -a output:
| > | - Linux localhost 2.6.12.5 #1 Tue Aug 16 15:04:49 CEST 2005 x86_64
| > | GNU/Linux
| > | I am experiencing some problems in game.
| > | Sometimes, the weapon swichting becomes twice as fast as normal,
bomb
| > | difusing takes only 4 seconds instead of 10 (without diffuse kit),
| > | reloading becomes also faster, and the bomb is exploding also about
| twice
| > | times earlier than it should. (The bomb sound is also not regular)
| > | The map time is correct and the round time too.
| > | The server is running with pingboost 3, sys_ticrate 10000, here are
| the
| > | versions:
| > | - Checking/Installing 'Counter-Strike Base Content' version 16
| > | - Checking/Installing 'Linux Server Engine' version 21
| > | - Checking/Installing 'Half-Life Base Content' version 8
| > | The following libs are installed on the server:
| > | - ia32 1.4
| > | - glibc 2.3.2
| > | How to fix that problem please?
| > |