Well ./steam says the following:

   optional parameters: (only needed to access limited content)
      -username <username>    -   Steam account username
      -password <password>    -   Steam account password

I think I was still using the username and password due to steam at one
point were deleting accounts that didn't point to a CDKEY that wasn't used
after x amount of time.

Anyway there is no harm including those arguments in with the line :)

Paul