Hi Bart,

Bart King wrote:
A little overkill for an 8 player server.  You can run an 8 player server on
a PIII 800.  I run a 64 player CS:S server on a similar specification
machine and it just about copes.

Yeah it is a bit overkill but then it's only a virtual server; there are
other websites etc being hosted elsewhere on the machine so I'm gonna
take things slowly and see how it goes.  Plus I prefer smaller
deathmatch games so I don't really want that many players ;)

You might want to investigate Mani Admin Plugin: www.mani-admin-plugin.com

If you don't want to install MAP, you can fake the server's max player count
by using sv_visiblemaxplayers.  It's not an ideal solution, but it's
something at least.

Cool thanks.  sv_visiblemaxplayers may well be enough... I'll give it a
shot.

HLSW, as someone pointed out is at http://www.hlsw.org.  As the web site is
currently broken (and has been for some time), use FTP (remember that?):
ftp://ftp.hlsw.org:21/downloads/hlsw/hlsw_1_0_0_44_setup.exe

Ahh great thanks.  Seems to work fine.

There are log parsers, none of which are decent.  One that is looking
promising (but not hit 1.0 milestone yet) is HLStatsX: www.hlstatsx.com.

Cool I may well give it a try. :)

sv_robust_explosions 0

This cvar doesn't exist?

Yes it does; at least it does on Source servers.

Thanks,

--
Ben