Yes, of course I was joking - that's what smileys mean :-)

Well almost joking ... it has been somewhat this way in the past ...
with winblows and linux

Anyway, I do have 3 points for Mr. Clegg:

1) ./steam -command list
   keep doing this until it says "Day of Defeat Source" or something
   like that
   (It still doesn't right now)
   You could write a script that repeats that command and starts
   screaming alerts when it changes - or better still - starts
   downloading the new name when it appears

2) How did you get the server list? What were you running to get
   that list?
   If you have a client that shows DoD:S what is it? I know DoD
   will not show that.
   So either you faked the list or you are doing something that
   Valve may not be very happy about ...

3) Maybe they are just beta's that were handed out when they shouldn't
   have been. And the players are using what to play? Probably beta's
   as well. And you as well ... ?

-Cheers
-Andrew