Is it only me that get 3-4 crashes per server under FreeBSD 5.4? I have
currently nine public servers. So I get 30-40 crashes per day. Some days
it goes up to over 50 in total.

I have now tested on 2 two different hardware. FujitsuSiemens RX300 and HP
Proliant DL380. And it crashes on both. Even if I have a clean install
without any plugins loaded at all.

RX300 is running Dual Xeon 2.4 w HTT enabled.
DL380 is running on a Single 3.0 w HTT disabled in BIOS.

Most of the time the last logline is when a player gets validated. The
problem is that it doesn't create a coredump on crash. But if you look at
ps, you see that the startdate have changed. I also get a email on each
crash, with the last five lines that was written in the console.

/Bjorn

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005, kama wrote:

> Hmm... Could the crashes be the cause of the Hyperthreading bug?
>
> FreeBSD have disabled HT by default since the discovery of the bug. The
> problem is that I cant disable HT. The OS wont fire up if it is disabled
> in the BIOS.
>
> /Bjorn
>
> On Fri, 23 Sep 2005, kama wrote:
>

> > Hmm.. it seems to happen more frequenlty the higher load you got on the
> > server. I started a buildworld and the servers start crashing like crazy.
> > Most of the time, but not always, it seems to happen after verification.
> >
> > I cant find anything else crashing on the server, nothing in the logs that
> > indicates that its a hardware failure. And is sure would be strange that
> > several machines broke down at aprox the same time.
> >
> > /Bjorn
> >
> > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005, Steven Hartland wrote:
> >
> > > Sorry been a long running thread lost track. I think its now something
> > > that you need to speak to Alfred about as is seems there is still an
> > > issue with created by new threading model ( or glibc bug again ).
> > >
> > >     Steve / K

Fish 1: Do you think we'll ever get out of this bowl?
--

Fish 2: Oh my God! A talking fish!