You can get around it in psychostats.  Look at the following thread:

http://www.psychostats.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=11159

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vapok
Sent: Wednesday, October 05, 2005 7:56 AM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] Source Engine and ASCII Charts

Alfred,

I understand that, and actually my telnet does support UTF-8.  I'm using
Putty.  What I'm trying to explain is that the log files seem to not display
this correctly, either in HLSW, Psychostats, or other log parsers.

Is there a way to turn off the UTF-8 support?

-Pete