It is most likely that the maps are edited with ripent, or some
similar program that lets you change entities without having to
recompile the .bsp.

That, or there could be some kind of server side plugin which lets you do that.

>--[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ]Hey I'm running the
BAW clan dod server and I've seen these maps working onother dod
servers but they don't run properly on mine. The maps areorigonally
hldm maps and have multiple spawn points like the_yard ordrive_in. The
research I've done seems to indicate that I need to edit theentity
chunk of the .bsp files in question. The maps load fine in the
dodserver environment but players don't spawn. Does anyone have a link
to agood tutorial or utility that can convert these maps for me? I've
downloadedseveral different versions from different map sites and the
result is alwaysthe same... I even tried to use the .bsp from a server
that had mario_airworking and got the same result. Any help/ideas
would be greatlyappreicated.--_______________________________________________To
unsubscribe, edit your list preferences, or view the list archives,
please visit:http://list.valvesoftware.com/mailman/listinfo/hlds_linux