Hi jordan,
Dont know if this will be of any help, but nevertheless..
http://www.spieleforum.de/forum/showthread.php?p=205298&mode=linear

Quote: Player lives are handled in Day of Defeat by a unique system
called "Wave
reinforcements." When a player dies, he/she will not respawn until a certain
time has passed. The amount of "reinforcement" time depends on the number of
players on a team - anywhere from 5 seconds to 20 seconds. The first
person to
die will start the timer. Anyone else who dies during that period will
respawn
at the same time as anyone else waiting to respawn. Once the timer hits 0,
everyone waiting to spawn will spawn together - hence the 'wave
reinforcements' title. In a rather full server, you will almost always spawn
with a teammate - it is encouraged that those people who spawn together
stick
together through the map.
End quote..

Bit of a pain that most of its in german, but..
Maybe your problems are could be caused by this "timer" not functioning
cause of the conversion from hldm?
Cant say i ever tried something like this so i might be way off

Cheers,

Regime

Jordan Bagwell wrote:

If you guys are done flaming each other perhaps someone knows a little bit
more about the problem I'm having? Thank You to those who have already
responded
 Hey I'm running the BAW clan dod server and I've seen these maps working
on other dod servers but they don't run properly on mine. The maps are
origonally hldm maps and have multiple spawn points like the_yard or
drive_in. The research I've done seems to indicate that I need to edit the
entity chunk of the .bsp files in question. The maps load fine in the dod
server environment but players don't spawn. Does anyone have a link to a
good tutorial or utility that can convert these maps for me? I've downloaded
several different versions from different map sites and the result is always
the same... I even tried to use the .bsp from a server that had mario_air
working and got the same result. Any help/ideas would be greatly
appreicated.