--On Wednesday, October 19, 2005 9:38 PM -0500 "Suck."
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

A server wiki is also very important, but the key here is that it must be
generally recognized by the community as a whole as being the de facto
official wiki.

"Official wiki" is an oxymoron. A wiki is authored by the community (which
might include the vendor, but also includes the customers). If there's more
than one wiki, it's in everyone's interest to cross-link them. Wiki's are
ecologies, not static.

The point of a wiki in this list's context is to provide something like a
FAQ-o-matic, where we can organize the accumulated answers normally sent to
the list so they don't have to be repeated.

Finally, news browsers and arranging by conversation are key to navigating
the list and sorting out what you deem as worthwhile.

Good point, and on a hunch, I checked to see if Gmane carries this list. It
does:

<http://dir.gmane.org/gmane.games.fps.halflife.hlds>

You can choose to read the list by news reader to avoid the uninteresting
threads. Set your mailman preferences to not deliver. You'll still be
subscribed so you'll have posting privileges.