From: Martin Zwickel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
CC: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] counterstrike 1.5 server - is data encrypted?
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 08:50:36 +0100

On Thu, 03 Nov 2005 18:44:09 +0000
"Kathy Simm" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> bubbled:

> We are running Counterstrike 1.5 on a local lan here in an office.
> All of a sudden it doesn't work.  I went to check the packets between
> the server (windoze) and the client - is the data encrypted?  Base64
> encoded?  This is pre-Steam, pre-just-about-anything.  I saw the
> client send the server some setup data, including username, then
> can't read the rest of the packets in Ethereal.  Can anyone help?

Why don't you update to Steam?!

Regards,
Martin

--
MyExcuse:
cellular telephone interference

Martin Zwickel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Research & Development

TechnoTrend AG <http://www.technotrend.de>

<< attach3 >>

My "Foundation" verse:
Isa 54:17  No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and
every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt
condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their
righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.

-- carpe ductum -- "Grab the tape"
CDTT (Certified Duct Tape Technician)

Linux user #322099