The reason is, you always need to connect back to the same place.

This is ok in TCP, in fact for office solutions where you are using teaming or
backup routes via this technology it
results in less user visible downtime. The solution does not work so well for
UDP based protocols.

The proposed solution below would work if source would bind to 0.0.0.0, or all
local ip's, but it doesn't do this. It
only has support for one external IP, it still connects to the master browser
with 1 public ip, and this is the only one
that will be found by the server browser.

NAT is the OPPOSITE to the desired solution, providing a many (clients) to one
(pulbic ip) to many (internet hosts)
routing protocol, when you want one (srcds) to many (listen ip:ports) to many
(internet hosts).

SRCDS is capable through it's connection system to provide a publicly
accessible UDP listen port on many NAT devices
without special setup, BUT this is still a one to one to many solution, not
what you are looking for.

If you just want to use LAN bandwidth for lan clients and internet bandwidth
for internet clients, then use a port
forward to the internet ip/port from the lan ip/port. If you want more
bandwidth by ordering extra pipe's then speak to
your ISP about the issue, as they can provide you with a solution, by proper
upstream routing.