Look up the mailing list archives for kernel timer resolution. You're kernel
timer is almost certainly around 1000Hz. To
raise the FPS above this you will need to increase your kernel timer resolution
more, and sadly, with the current
menuconfig, you can't do this. Grep your kernel source for the HZ value and
alter it in source. I do not know what (if
any) the rammifactions will be on a linux kernel for going over 1000Hz.

> the a64 kernel wont work because hlds wont start just gets a
> bunch of segmentation errors.
>
> Anyway the problem that you might see is 500 fps max on the
> server with
> 19 slots w latest amxx and mm-p
> if i start another server it wont just work the ping jumps up
> and down like jack russel terier :/

Even out the priority of the processes, reduce the heapsize - it doesn't need
that much!

General question: anyone significantly tested the effects of the pre-emptive
modules and 1/many SRCDS instances?

[snip]