Is that true?  A short while ago Alfred pointed out to me that I had
"log on" in my server.cfg and it need only go in my autoexec.cfg.  I've
since removed it and the issue has been corrected based on the
server.cfg still being read at the map start..

Or better perhaps, about when did that behavior change?

m0gely wrote:

A while ago, the server.cfg was exec'd at each map change, while the
autoexec.cfg was only exec'd at startup.  Valve decided to make the
server.cfg exec only at startup too.  This didn't make sense to a lot of