Hello,

So I ran the steam tool to install HL2mp (completely fresh install in new
directory), everything installed fine, I ran a simple command line
#>./srcds_run -game hl2mp +ip 198.162.0.198 +sv_lan1

But yet I can't connect to the server on my lan.. on the same system I can
start a lan version of cs16 dedicated server and I can connect to it just
fine.. hl2dm just doesn't seem to work.. is there something special I have
to do?

It starts up fine, looks like it is running, but status gives nothing back
and it doesn't seem to see any requess.. the client acts like nothing is
even there at that ip address.

when the server first starts it says "Auto detecting CPU" then "Using
AMD-Opteron (64-bit) Optimized Binary"

Is there a way to force the type of binary to run? Am i doing something
wrong?

We are having a LAN party this weekend and i'd really like to get this
working... thanks..