Dagok wrote:

Notice how this has it's own topic and is not using "Re: [hlds_linux]
Confused Steam-IDs" ?

This is in it's own thread, and that is what Eric replied to, not whatever
you are refering to being said in another thread.

No, it's not!

http://quake2.telestream.com/thread.jpg

You're using a mail client that ignores threads so how would you know?
Instead you probably have messages grouped by subject (or some hybrid
between the two) which is a poor attempt at threading.  In Moz, I have
the folders set to view messages in threaded form which receive this
type of email, while my normal email is just sorted by date.

If you want to turn your nose and just not care what people have to say
then fine.  But you're wrong saying it's in its own thread.  Eric wasn't
an ass at all in his original reply, so what's with your name calling?
This was the first list I ever joined and if it weren't for people
pointing out proper techniques now and then I would still be doing
things in a way as to brake a well organized system.  Maybe instead of
calling someone an ass for someone else you should let that person
decide if he might want to actually use the advice?

--
- m0gely
http://quake2.telestream.com/