----- Original Message -----
From: "W0kk3L" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 30, 2005 7:34 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] Still problems with hlds v27

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, W0kk3L wrote:

It doesn't happen on all our servers. Most servers do boot, but give the
following
error just after the above:

net.cpp (818) : Assertion Failed: 0 == iRet
net.cpp (821) : Assertion Failed: 0 == iRet

This can be fixed with some sysctl tweaks. They have been specified in
the
list before. I dont have the backlog of the mails available to search for
them. So I let the searching up to you. =)

Any clue?
We are running FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE, with Linux binaries 8.8.0.6 on a
Dual
Xeon 2.4 Ghz.
The problem starts since v25 and up. v24 runs smooth, but also with the
error stated above.

Try linux_base-rh9 instead (at least, maybe go to even later release like
suse-9.3). The linux_base-8 is really old. I currently use rh9 on most of
the servers, but some of them use gentoo and suse-9.3. I have even
written
my own fedora-core4 port.

But that doesn't explain why all our other server do run, with
linux_base-8.
We have about 10 servers
running. All under FreeBSD 4.11-STABLE, with Linux binaries 8.8.0.6. And
only on one server
hlds refuses to run. All files come from the same mastercopy, so the files
can't be corrupted either.
And the server i mentioned above has exactly the same hardware
configuration
as another server, which
does run hlds without any problems (besides the above net.cpp error, which
get on all gameservers that
do boot).

Problem found and solved: options SSE needs to be in the kernel
configuration.
If not, the above problems will occure. Good to know for other admins.