fbsd will always display threads.. i don't think core@ will allow a
change in that behavior. :)

At 12:08 AM 12/8/2005, Alfred Reynolds wrote:
The number of srcds entries returned by tools such as "ps" depends on
the details of your kernel and threading library. SRCDS runs 2 threads,
a main thread for all the game processing and a separate Steam
communications thread. Most pthread implementations use a kernel process
per thread, and internally use one process (thread) for internal thread
management. So for srcds this would show up as 3 processes per game
server instance. Other OS's (FreeBSD?) and newer kernels may change this
threading model to not represent threads as full processes.

- Alfred

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=374038

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=375796