Hello,

im trying to set up a css server under FC4, ive downloaded the most recent
steam files. When I toggle

# ./steam -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir /home/jwm/srcds

for the first time, all goes well and steam updates itself. Then when I
re-enter the command to install cs:s itself, I receive this error:

# ./steam -command update -game "Counter-Strike Source" -dir /home/jwm/srcds

Checking bootstrapper version ...
Updating Installation
This Linux installation is unsupported. You must have GLIBC 2.3.2 or higher.

Please update your installation to a more recent version.
For more information visit http://support.steampowered.com
Err: ./test1.so: cannot restore segment prot after reloc: Permission denied

Ive already done

# yum upgrade glibc

but no succes.
Ive done the install without problems on my Fedora Core 2 machine which
obviously has an older glibc.

Suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks