Hi Alex,

Had once the same problem, although it was even used only for
gameserver-content. but although apache had "only" 12 threads als all took
pretty few cpu time, the machine began to get performance issues. replaced
apache with lighty and the problems caused by apache were gone.

another problem is maybe a database if under heavy load (e.g. caused by
replication or other clients). dont know if u have a mysql instance running
or not. just a hint since most ppl have a mysql instance on the same machine
as apache. ;)

> are realy not many request on my webserver. Maybe 10 a day...
> ^^ But look at the graphs (http://www.o711.com/stats), there
> where people playing on the server till 0:00, after this the
> load is very low, because the 2 bots were kicked.
> Then there was a load peak at 02:15, but there was nothing
> going on on the server, no traffic, no CPU usage, no memory changes...
> These peaks are really strange because I don't know which
> process creates them. Or look at 06:20 yesterday... peak
> about 4 on the other graphs... nothing..
> I think Linux is kidding me...
any cron or anacron jobs running? maybe cronjobs who are not enlisted in the
main crontab?
secure.log shows many tries to login? do u have iptables running? if not,
try iptables and allow only what is neccessary. if yes, any attempts to
break in? any evidence for small dos attacks?
just an experience. sumtimes kids liketo play with dos-tools - taking
revenge for being kicked from the server. ;)

> I'll update ram memory next week... maybe it's gonna change something.
dont think so. however you cannot have enough ram. ;)

> Regards,
>
> Alex
regards
Simon