I noticed a high cpu spike on my celeri server, runing default FC3 install,
with the beta, with no players, so I removed the beta.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alfred Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds@list.valvesoftware.com>; <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2006 1:41 AM
Subject: [hlds_linux] Source and HL1 dedicated server Beta available

We have a beta release available for both the Source and HL1 engine.
This beta fixes the steam id swapping problem amongst other small fixes.
You can apply the beta by running the hldsupdatetool and adding "-beta
swapbeta" to the command line.

A couple of users in an initial test reported a server hang and
associated assert (pipes.cpp line 298), if you see this please send me
your OS configuration and hardware.

- Alfred