You get 3% CPU usage when server is empty?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mathias Sandahl" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "hlds_list" <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:30 PM
Subject: [hlds_linux] FPS-drops

Hello!

I have a problem with FPS-drops on my server.

System:
       Slackware 10.2 / 2.6.14.2 PREEMPT / HZ 1000

       Intel P4 3.0 GHz (HT disabled)
       1264mb RAM  (PC3200 400MHZ)

Start: hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 16 +map de_dust2

Server.cfg:
- - - - - - - -
mp_buytime 0.25
mp_autokick 1
mp_autoteambalance 0
mp_c4timer 35
mp_flashlight 0
mp_footsteps 1
mp_forcechasecam 0
mp_freezetime 4
mp_friendlyfire 0
mp_hostagepenalty 0
mp_limitteams 0
mp_logmessages 1
mp_mapvoteratio 0.6
mp_roundtime 3
mp_timelimit 15
mp_tkpunish 1
sv_restartroud 0

decalfrequency 60
log on
mp_falldamage 1
pausable 0
sv_aim 0
sv_cheats 0
sv_maxspeed 320
sv_lan 0
sv_failuretime 0.5

sv_minrate 0
sv_maxrate 20000
sv_minupdaterate 0
sv_maxupdaterate 101

sys_ticrate 500

sv_unlag 1
sv_maxunlag 0.5
sv_voiceenable 0
sv_unlagsamples 1
sv_unlagpush 0
- - - - - - - -

This is from a vanilla counterstrike (latest beta) server. No plugins and
no
players online!
- - - - - - - -
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
5.00 0.00 0.00 822 92 494.56 0
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
5.00 0.00 0.00 822 92 495.29 0
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
4.75 0.00 0.00 822 92 495.79 0
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
4.75 0.00 0.00 822 92 495.79 0
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
4.75 0.00 0.00 822 92 496.28 0
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
4.80 0.00 0.00 822 92 494.56 0
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
4.80 0.00 0.00 822 92 496.03 0
6.00 0.00 0.00 822 92 4.00 0     <<<<<< ========== DROP!
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
3.00 0.00 0.00 822 92 494.80 0
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
3.00 0.00 0.00 822 92 495.29 0
stats
CPU In Out Uptime Users FPS Players
3.33 0.00 0.00 822 92 495.29 0
- - - - - - - -

I use arrowup to send the stats-command so the interval is about 0.5 sec
between each execution.
I always get a drop down to around 5-10 fps then it immediately goes back
normal. No specific interval between the drops, they seem to come at
random.
With players online it drops more frequantly and the CPU usage is
sometimes
redicilously high, up to 80%.

Apache/MySQL/PHP also running on the server and nothing more.

Any ideas?!

/Mathias