>> "and attempts to fix the CPU usage spikes some people have seen "

(feedback on
this please).

Hi,

We run a Couter-strike 1.6 decicated linux Server, some Details:

[*] Amd Sempron 2500+ ;
[*] 512 ram ;
[*] OS: Debian Sarge ;
[*] Kernel : Linux 2.6.8-2-386
[*] Glibc : Release stable, Version 2.3.5
[*] 16 Slots ;

Also:
[*] Metamod 1.18p26 + Amx2005 ;
[*] VAC + SteamBan activated.

I've applied v.33 update, and with "stats" command ( without players in
the server), we have :

CPU   In    Out   Uptime  Users   FPS    Players
99.90  0.00  0.00       0     0  166.67       0
CPU   In    Out   Uptime  Users   FPS    Players
97.78  0.00  0.00       0     0  166.69       0
CPU   In    Out   Uptime  Users   FPS    Players
82.38  0.00  0.00       1     0    4.00       0
CPU   In    Out   Uptime  Users   FPS    Players
90.00  0.00  0.00       1     0  166.67       0
CPU   In    Out   Uptime  Users   FPS    Players
98.18  0.00  0.00       2     0    4.00       0

Also :   06:38:27 up  7:34,  1 user,  load average: 2,64, 1,15, 0,43

It seems to have no errors. Once server started there are a CPU usage
spikes.
So i've rollback to v.29.    : /

Thank in advance. :)

Alfred Reynolds a écrit :
We have released an update for the beta. This release fixes the
secure/insecure problems people have been having on AMD CPU's and
attempts to fix the CPU usage spikes some people have seen (feedback on
this please).
Run the hldsupdatetool with the "-beta swapbeta" parameter to get it.

- Alfred

Alfred Reynolds wrote:

We have released an update for the beta. It addresses the high CPU
usage
some people are seeing after applying the last update (in particular
users with mutli-core machines). Run the hldsupdatetool with the
"-beta
swapbeta" parameter to get it.

- Alfred

Alfred Reynolds wrote:

We have released an update to the beta, run the hldsupdatetool again
with the "-beta swapbeta" parameter to get it.

The update fixes the pipes assert, a crash on startup for dual-proc
machines and some in game stalls. Thanks to everyone that gave us
feedback, it really helps track down these problems.

- Alfred

Alfred Reynolds wrote:

We have a beta release available for both the Source and HL1 engine.
This beta fixes the steam id swapping problem amongst other small
fixes. You can apply the beta by running the hldsupdatetool and
adding "-beta swapbeta" to the command line.

A couple of users in an initial test reported a server hang and
associated assert (pipes.cpp line 298), if you see this please send
me your OS configuration and hardware.

- Alfred

Wanadoo vous informe que cet  e-mail a ete controle par l'anti-virus mail.
Aucun virus connu a ce jour par nos services n'a ete detecte.