We have used 2 oS windows and Fedora core 4 it seems to happed on all OSes
which is leaning us towards some hardware problem.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Patrick Vestal" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 26, 2006 10:36 AM
Subject: RE: [hlds_linux] Re: [hlds] The Famous "Your Map de_dust differs
from the server" ERROR.

It's a single Pentium4 2.4GHz with 512MB RAM.  It's currently running RH
ES4
(because we had just gotten it at work and I wanted to give it a try). I'm
running CS:Source with the Zombie Horde mod (www.zombiehorde.com).  I'm
pretty certain it's not the mod giving me grief as I know that others
running stock CS:Source servers are experiencing this issue too.

The server has been up pretty much 24x7 since I built it last August, and
I've been having this "your map differs" problem since the beginning it
seems.  I remember posting on the list back then, but there were obviously
no solutions then either.  I check in on the server a few times a day and
when I notice there's no one on it I know it's time to run a steam update
and re-download a .bsp.  I have a fair number of regular players so it's
very rare to have the server be empty unless it's experiencing the "map
differs" problem.

Since I'm at the end of my rope here, I'm thinking about rebuilding it
using
Suse 9.2 and seeing if that makes any difference.

--Patrick