Is there a big difference in performance, between using HLDS/SRDS in
32/64 mode?
What takes more CPU, 32 or 64 bit?

Gary wrote:

But we also had the problem when I installed Debian 3.1 64 bit, to test.
So it's no Operating System Problem aswell.

Things I think we know till now:
Its not:
- a CPU problem - we got reports from both, Intel and AMD Systems
- a Operation System Problem - we got reports from Suse 10, Debian 3.1

You didn't rule out anything. You just tested 64bit this and that,
which is basically the same thing from one specific distro to another.

and some others
- a Mod problem - we got reports from people running different mods
- a dualcore or dual cpu problem.

You should really try and use a 32bit system instead of bleeding edge
64bit stuff. I don't see any high cpu usage everyone that everyone
says, but then again, I stick to using x86 stuff until I have the
need for more than 4 gigs of memory. Until valve officially supports
x64, stick with what is modern, and not bleeding edge.

/ges