Well,
I did time the memory usage down to minimum.
Cause I'm using linux eisfair, which means, with full services loaded (ts2,
mysql, etc.) it takes about 60 Mb and got so ~ 200 Mb free.

I could use newer hardware, but, this server is about passiv.
Everything is passiv there, cpu got only a heatsink,
power supply has also no fan,
only thing mechanic on this thing is actually the microdrive.

This kind of silence can't be generate with the second machine, the Athlon 1333!
(if you let the new dual cores and stuff out, the 1333 and the 1400 were the
"hotest" cpus you could actually get...)

So I wanted to get the server also running on the 400er.
And it should work well,
but it looks like there is an core error.
So I just wanted to know if there is an way to patch that,
or to get it working in another way.

btw: Rest of the hardware is an RTL8139C Nic,
so its not that bad as you would think of.
Why wasting energy and generating noise with an amd 64 / fx / operton,
if this thingy there can do the job for kinda like 1/10 of energy usage?
Beeing silent the same time?
^^'

Nico