Oh, there's a 2.0.3 zBlock coming out? Thanks for the headsup...I've
been buried with work the past few weeks. Now I'm anxious to see that
changelog.

There is a mattie plugin (and I think the sharedbans guys have one)
that allows rate restriction. I don't like that solution because a)
adds resource demand and b) demands a thorough understanding of
rates/netcode which I think only a few out there *cough* Whisper
*cough* understand. Speaking of, I think s/he mentioned a hybrid of
mattie rate enforcer + minrates + I'm not really sure...but it's
somewhere in the list archives.

Bottom line (for our servers)...
- there's no advantage to the hard to hit players. It's as hard for
them to hit us as it is us to hit them (test it).
- a well adminned server (like yours) which kicks/bans on refusal
keeps things fair

If you find another solution, please share it. Since update/cmdrate
depends on so many factors outside of connection (right?) I'm not sure
if it's feasible, even if you cater to <50ms players.

*shrug*
gl