None of this matters squat, as hlds/srcds are developed for Microsoft's
x86 Win32 platform and Linux's x86 platform.  gettimeofday shouldn't be
THAT much of a problem for hlds/srcds unless you are not running ntpd.
You should be running it on Win32, Linux, or any other production
system.  If you're having problem with ntpd delivering accurate enough
time, then you are having a problem with faulty hardware.  There are
some mainboards that have had this problem. (usually they didn't put the
proper resistors somewhere.)