-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von BERNARD JOHN
ZOLP
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 19. Juli 2006 16:45
An: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Betreff: [hlds_linux] Users are kicked and banned on map change.for 5.00
minutes

I have a CSS linux server that I setup for a few friends to play on --
nothing fancy. It is just a stock CSS server (no mods) on an Athlon XP
2400+ with SuSE
10.0 .

My problem is that often times on map change, players will get banned
for 5 minutes for no apparent reason.  It only seems to occur on map
change and seems
to happen to both clients connecting to my server over the internet as
well as to players on the same LAN as the server.  It seems fairly
random, but does
seem to occur more often when I manually change maps with the
changelevel command than with standard mapcycle changes.  While
playing for about 2 hours last
night, there were about 6-7 of these bans.  Some of these users play
CSS for dozens of hours per week on other servers with no problems, so
I doubt it is a
client issue.  I checked my log files and only find these lines with
no additional info as to why the ban occured:
 "L 07/18/2006 - 22:08:58: Banid: "<><STEAM_0:1:7947225><>" was banned
"for 5.00 minutes" by "Console""

>From what I can tell it also bans players when they leave the game as
well on some mapchanges.  I saw the same line in the logs right after
I disconnected
from the server, but did not notice the ban first-hand since I did not
retry to connect.

Is this some type of anti-spam feature?  Is there a way to turn it off
or something?  I have included my server.cfg below for what it is
worth.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

// server cvars
mp_friendlyfire 0