No, please email the list (hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com); we're
having the same problem, and I can't find the culprit.

On 8/22/06, WhiskyHornan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

We have had this exact problem since late 2005 on our servers. I have tried
to find a solution through this list and through Alfred. The only thing that
came up on that issue was that we should have connectivity issues, whish was
checked and determined to not be true. I have seen this threads about this
issue popping up once in a while, but none ever came up with a solution and
there has been none acceptable response from Valve, except that the client
should delete ClientRegistry.blob file, whish as you say works sometimes and
others not. This is a major problem for us as our servers are frequently
full and players who stand in line for half an hour finally can connect to
the server only to be disconnected by that nice little message. That message
comes in conjunction with a message in the server console stating something
like "The server was unable to contact the authentication servers." We have
tried with firewall of, checked with our ISP if they block something and so
forth but we do have a good connection.

So what you can do is just accept that it is happening, or try to get Valves
attention and not just accept the standard answer "delete
ClientRegistry.blob" because it isn't the whole solution. I have given up on
it since I came nowhere for three months trying ... But if you do find a
solution please inform me if you got the time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]