-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Im Auftrag von Steven
Hartland
Gesendet: Dienstag, 26. September 2006 00:35
An: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Betreff: Re: [hlds_linux] 99% cpu problem

Adam-CEO wrote:
> Ok,
> Since Source Updated lastly, they screwed up the linux based cpu info.
> For some unkown reason its not reading the internal data right, and
> its representing higher numbers that actually is.
> Reasons to compile as follows:
> Higher Performance out of your server
> Helps you gain a higher fps, and allows your system to poll at a
> greater
> value.
> It speeds up interups and will make your system run alot smoother.
> Taking out the extra crap you don't need in the kernel will do those
> following things. Stock kernels suck, no offense to the developers
> who made
> those kernels. Its made for "general systems". Point of having a
> system is
> to be configured to yours. So I suggest recompiling it would be the
> best
> idea.
> It doesn't take more than an hour to do on a dual CPU system btw.

Not sure where you got any of this information from
but a stripped kernel can help slightly but its
by no means a saviour. If a servers running at 99%
your machine simply doesnt a fast enough CPU for
what you are trying to do. Either:
* Upgrade
* Alter your servers to more realistic settings.

    Steve

This e.mail is private and confidential between Multiplay (UK) Ltd. and the
person or entity to whom it is addressed. In the event of misdirection, the
recipient is prohibited from using, copying, printing or otherwise
disseminating it or any information contained in it.

In the event of misdirection, illegible or incomplete transmission please
telephone +44 845 868 1337
or return the E.mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED]