Do you happen to know about the Tyan boards? Do they have the same issues?
As we have an Tyan - E6600 orderd.

Saint K.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Evaldas Zilinskas" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Tuesday, September 26, 2006 7:51 PM
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] duo2 server

Yes, I own a hardware shop and noticed that these i965/i945 boards are
sensitive on memory. Try checking that. Besides, GIGABYTE boards do their
job better than others with the new platform. (Can't w\even guess why, but
less memory and crash problems, event hen PC is boosted).

PS, offtopic: can anyone tell, how these new CPU's handle the server load?
mean, can a 2ghz Core2 be better than Intel Pentium D (945), when it comes
on game server hosting? Can anyone tell anything? Planing an upgrade to my
servers.