It looks to me like that application hooks the client in much the same way a
cheat does.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Hoder Balder Marcus Jensen"
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 27, 2006 12:13 PM
Subject: [hlds_linux] VAC kicks ssClient users

VAC started 3-4 weeks ago to kick clients running ssClient (ssc.exe)

Screenshot:
http://www.hoder.dk/csh/iviewcapture_date_26_09_2006_time_23_23_52.jpg

I contacted steampowered support (steampowered  VAC forum was offcourse
useless, as i got assaulted by a couple of Valve fanboy) for a
verification and got the following answer:

"The ssc.exe is not compatible with VAC secured servers, but users
running it are not receiving VAC bans. Your account does not have any
VAC bans and if you disable that program you should be able to join
secure servers."

Could the VAC developers give a reason why SSC suddently is not allowed
on secure servers and if it's a mistake, maybe fix it :).

Thanks.