[S.O.D.] mr. jack wrote:
Hi,

I'm running on my rootserver (D820 + 2 GB Ram):

12 Slot WC3 1.6
12 Slot 1.6 War-Server pingboost 3 systicrate 1000
1x14 Slot CS:S Tick100
1x 12 Slot CS:S Tick 100

Pingboost 3 and sys_tic 1000 will cause problems with your game server.
If you time the bomb plant a 35 second timer will only give you 32.5
seconds. Reloads will be faster as will grenade throws. Only reason
movement is the same i suspect is down to procedures put in place to
stop speed-hacks (thats only a guess). This is due to a big in the code.
I don't think the code was ever designed or tested to be run at this
level and cracks have started to appear. The other problem you have is
the 2 x Source Servers. We have always found running Source along side
"High Performance" CS servers will effect the performance of the CS
server adversely.

I'm not sure why as tests seem to show they use different timer code /
wheels. It could be they are both polling the network card at the same
time or similar. Would be interested to find out how it performs if you
used separate network cards for cs1.6 and source.

Do valve have any ideas on this and do they plan to move the source
timer code to 1.6 as it seems to be better developed on newer kernels
and hardware?

Cheers

Richy