Quoting Janosch Fock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:hlds_linux-
[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 31, 2006 5:46 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: [hlds_linux] Background process?

I have a linux based SRCDS Server, and when I start it. It dosent
return me to my commmand prompt. And if I exit my ssh client (putty)
it kills the server. So I have to start "screen" and then start my
server. But I still have to open another putty window if I want to do
other things. Is there a way I can start the SRCDS as a background
proccess so that it returns me to my command prompt.

I currently start it with this:

screen ./srcds_run -console -game hl2mp -port 27015 +map dm_democracy
-maxplayers 8

Try "screen -dmS srcds ./srcds_run -console -game hl2mp -port 27015
+map dm_democracy +maxplayers 8". Press [Ctrl]+[A], [D] afterwards to
exit the
screen. Type "screen -r srcds" to enter it again.

Regards