In a bold display of creativity, Ondřej Hošek wrote:
However, as I stated previously, this is only valid for the Northern
Hemisphere.

So?  Valve is in the northern hemisphere, as is all of the US, Canada,
Mexico, Europe, Russia, India, and almost all of Asia.  We go by the
northern hemisphere.  You're only south of it if you're in South
America, Australia, or South Africa.  When you hear an American company
refer to summer, it's silly to throw hemispheres and such into it.

--
Eric (the Deacon remix)