Really?  Tell me, please, what VAC stands for.

-----Original Message-----
From: Krillins World [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, November 12, 2006 2:00 PM
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Subject: Re: [hlds_linux] VAC secured

--
[ Picked text/plain from multipart/alternative ] VAC is not nor ever has
been an "Anti-Cheat" program. From what we gathered in the many years of
running secure HL1 & HL2 servers is, VAC is just a detection and reporting
tool. If VAC detects a certian signature from a hack running while their
client is running it reports it to the secure center where it is
investigated then the steamid of the user is placed on a global ban list
which prevents these hacker and cheaters from playing in SECURE servers for
one full year. These players are also known as "VAC Banned Players."

As for your issue there was a serious problem with a few of the earlier
version of the HLDS that they call Stdio Builds. It appears as if the server
you are having issue with is too far out of date to handle the changes in
the VAC module. Add the -autoupdate to the launch of the server and let them
update accordingly. You may have to reupdate your steam as many changed to
the ./steam module have evolved when it comes to the updating process which
appears is what happened to your old troubled server of v1.1.2.5/Stdio 3213.
We used to have very many VAC issues with the version of 3421 and had to
revert back to an older version of 3327.

Best Reguarrds,
Krillin