Witaj Andrius,

AP>  I have problem- My counter-strike 1.6 server is having problems with
AP>  losses. I watch my server  status (in cs 1.6 console) and every
AP> 10-20
AP>  seconds it shows losses for almost all players (about 1-3). I have
AP>  never had problem like this before. Could it be because of bad
AP>  hard-drive or something like that? I tried disabling metamod and
AP>  amxmodx, changing sv_maxrate, sv_maxupdaterate, many different
AP>  engines (3144,2738,3421 etc.) but it didn't solve this problem. My
AP>  ISP is very good and doesn't have any problems with internet
AP>  connection. CPU and memory usage is normal, the same for ping of
AP>  players. Only these losses and sometimes lags.. Server is AMD Athlon
AP>  2500+, 1 GB RAM, 80 GB HDD (maybe because of HDD?)I tried also
AP>  changing maxplayers, disabling vac etc.. I was watching also cpu
AP>  usage (with "top"). What could cause this? p.s. sorry for bad
AP>  English.
AP>  Izvrashenj

I would double check network connection,  disable auto duplex
negotiation on both switch and nic and check any qos or traffic
shaping software if installed.

For quick test run "mtr -i 0.01 hostname" (1000 packets/s) as root for icmp
test. You can
also check it with udp datagrams (google for udp testing software).

I would also check nic drivers as they can also cause problems.

regards
Tomek