Widening the cvar would be a good idea, valid setup for 0,1,2,3,4 for
forcing different setting what is said here or then creating new cvars
for each class: models (already is), graphics and sounds. 3 basic class
which could be forced and if user has one of them, giving a _proper_
message. Not just server is forcing consistency for blablalba. This
really doesnt tell the player what really is wrong. I really think that
wallhacks
and other cheats are bigger problem than the changing game materials and
sounds.

Besides, using admin skins is not a problem on the server even if
consistency would be on. They are downloaded to players machine on a
separate folder and can be called upon use by the server itself only.
User cannot get any problems by connecting other servers with the
custom models which he has downloaded from the server to his comp. He
only can get troubles with the models he himself installed
to replace already existing model (same path in the GCF, like
/models/player/t_phoenix.mdl) so in other words, if custom skins are
used by the
server and not the user itself, this isnt a problem. However, calling
the server admins as kids who use these features you described is a problem.

-ics "the kid"

On 11/23/06, Whisper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --
> When it comes to Counter-Strike players, DENY ougth to be the default or
> requires sv_cheats 1 enabled on the server.

I Agree with you to some extent about this. But the truth is that there are
alot of kids who like all the bells and whistles they can use. Admin skins
and other nonsense. The admins that want to run a "pure" server know how to
do it so I wouldn't mind if the sv_consistency would be as 0 as it has been
before. I'd just be happy if it would actually check the files. Right now I
play only on my own servers and in matches I think every league would
support this and require it to be set to 1 on all matches.

The sad thing is that you're right. If something can be exploited, in CS
community it will be exploited and not by few but a majority of players.

--
Tirppa