[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
cheers guys for the help. Seeing as i didn't get a reply as quickly as i would
have liked (hey i'm not known for my patience ;-) ) i did some resaerch on
screen on good ol' google and come up with the same command line. Screen for
me is a necessity for me as when we get our hardware in (atm this is all
leaning and practise) we plan on running as many servers as possible (my
numbers say 8 but we'll see) on a dual core processor.
cheers for the help tho and you'll find i'll be asking for more help soon.
Simon Marchi wrote:

I think that the command would be

$ screen -A -m -d -S screen_name ./hlds_run -game cstrike +maxplayers 16
+map de_inferno +port 27016

(replace the server command by whatever you want)

To attach the terminal to the current tty:

$ screen -r screen_name

And to deattach it, press control-a followed by control-d

Simon