From: "Rónai György" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[1]
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>[2]
Sent: Friday, March 30, 2007 3:47 PM
Subject: Re: [SPAM] [hlds_linux] high CPU usage on renice
[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
libc6 (2.3.6.ds1-13)  is fixing the lag issue itself.
It doesnt really matter, to what the net_queuesplit is set.
Locutus
Tobias Rehn írta:
We are currently using Debian Etch. With Etch there is a new libc6
shipping... It fixes these problems in combination with net_queuesplit
"0". Try upgrading to Etch and don't forget a reboot afterwards, so that
the new libc6 is used by all programs.
Kind regards,
Tobias Rehn
Arne Guski schrieb:
Ive updatet (to build 3048) a few servers to test this and i have to say
its the same laggy / highping / spikes sh*** like leaving
net_queuesplits at 5 (default).
Tested with: net_queuesplits 0 / 5 / 10 / 50 without a noticable
difference.
Frames still dropping down to somewhere between 10 and 40 from the
(usually stable) 500FPS every now and then for no reason.
I would have been surprised if a net setting had much to do with the
server framedrops, but regardless it also had no positive effect on the
high-ping spikes issue.
Was tested on our production Servers, running 2.6.16.40-1000hz-c2d #1
SMP PREEMPT on Debian Sarge.
Servers: Core2Duo, Dual Xeon, P4
Sorry Alfred ... this does not seem to do any good.
Ive reverted the servers back again to build 2949, wich provides good
performing, lag-free servers for our customers.
regards
Arne Guski
www.server-sales.de[1[3]]