On Mon, 23 Apr 2007, Jason Ruymen wrote:

> Updates to Half-Life 1 Deathmatch and Team Fortress Classic have been
> released.  Please run hldsupdatetool to download these updates.  The
> specific changes include:
>
> - Fixed game server crash when lastinv was inappropriately used
>
> Jason

Odd problem with this release. I'm running a TFC server, Red Hat
Enterprise Linux Server release 5, kernel-2.6.18-8.el5. When a player
attempts to join the server crashes, yielding:

L 04/24/2007 - 21:24:54: FATAL ERROR (shutting down):
SteamGetEncryptionKeyToSendToNewClient:  Returned NULL!
FATAL ERROR (shutting down): SteamGetEncryptionKeyToSendToNewClient:
Returned NULL!

I backed off to the old binaries and the problem went away. What's up with
that?

"Insane" Husayn