Sometimes it works, sometimes not. I fail to understand why.

15 jun 2007 kl. 12.37 skrev David Syers:

Might it be becuase port and rcon_port are the same?

----- Original Message ----
From: Jonathan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com
Sent: Friday, 15 June, 2007 10:39:37 AM
Subject: [hlds_linux] Clients cannot connect

Hi,

I recently replaced my old server farm with brand new Xeon boxes to
be able to offer servers to more clients. However, i keep getting
very annoying errors some of the times, that prevent people from
connecting. They look like this:

pipes.cpp (484) : Assertion Failed: bRet
pipes.cpp (536) : Assertion Failed: bRet
steamclient.cpp (371) : Assertion Failed: pClientPipe-
BWriteAndReadResult( buf, bufRet )
steamclient.cpp (373) : Assertion Failed: bufRet.TellPut() == ( sizeof
(HSteamUser) + sizeof(uint8) )

And

FATAL ERROR (shutting down): SteamGetEncryptionKeyToSendToNewClient:
Returned NULL!

Add "-debug" to the ./hlds_run command line to generate a debug.log
to help with solving this problem

The command line is:

./hlds_run +ip 194.17.31.226 -game cstrike +sys_ticrate 10000
+maxplayers 12 +pingboost 2 +map de_dust2 +port 27908 +rcon_port
27908 +exec bokcfgs/bok34908.cfg

Googling told me a missing "+map" could be the cause of it, but since
that's present in the command line and rcon status tells me de_dust2
is the current map, i suppose it's something else. Is there anybody
here who can shed some light on this? The server complaints we get
are overwhelming .. :)

/Jonathan