From: "Alfred Reynolds" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <hlds_linux@list.valvesoftware.com>
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 10:51 PM
Subject: RE: Unable to connect to VAC, was: [hlds_linux] Source Engine
Update Available

We have deployed a fix on our backend servers for this problem, your
server should automatically reconnect when it changes level. If it does
not then restarting the server should fix the problem. There is no
client update needed for this fix.

- Alfred

Alfred Reynolds wrote:
I can reproduce the problem here (the "netconnectionbuffer.cpp (241)
: Assertion Failed: cubReadRemaining == 0" message and then being
disconnected from Steam3), we are looking into it.

- Alfred

ics wrote:
Yes Whisper, maybe this is a brilliant idea from Valve to dust off
idiots. Or maybe not. However, its quite quiet up in the Valve tower
atm, no comments or fix for Linux users. Perhaps Microsoft pays them
good money for dissing Linux users. However, im not buying Windows
os license ;)

1. Servers dont have that VAC protection sign on connect / map
change.
2. Typing 'status' to server console says "insecure (secure mode
enabled, disconnected from Steam3)"

No, i think its really down for Linux :(.

-ics

Whisper kirjoitti:
Are you all sure VAC isn't working?

Maybe it is and its just not telling you?

Have you got a VAC banned account you can test the server with?

Maybe I shouldn't have posted here letting the cat out of the bag
and all those scumbag cheats have been connecting to what they
thought were insecure servers will find themselves VAC banned
shortly. >:)