I've talked to him quite a bit and claims that it's VALVe he's waiting
on now, having released some binaries to the initial SVN testing team in
the community which didn't work (srcds didn't load).

If this is true or not.. who knows. Anyhow, yeah, he basically said on
his blog 'Do you want more guns, gamemodes, maps and models or linux
binaries' to a readership averaging the age of 12. Guess which way that
went.

Oh well. Wonder if anyone in VALVe can confirm or not he's actually
asked them anything? It's been 3 weeks since he 'asked'...