>From stuff I *heard* the _engine_ is, thus as far as I read it that means
all Valve games. I could be missing the point and being totally retarded but
I could easily cite reliable sources that say the 'new' 3 games (EP 2,
Portal and TF2) are and you'd expect that to mean any mod based off it, and
possibly the other stuff thus (CS, Hl2 etc..). I might be reading too much
into it - correct me if I'm wrong.

Also threaded SRCDs which may or may not be coming at this point (though I'd
heard around the same time as TF2 also from a fairly reliable source), seems
to affect all HL2 mods - I know it's been tested on at least one public
server that I'm aware of for CS:S itself which would also seem to confirm
the possibility/likelihood of the above paragraph also.

Some of it is supposition and some of it is from likely sources. Be
interesting to see how it affects servers and clients, should be good for
uber-servers if they're on multiple cores if it's well implemented, with the
caveat that it's actually a pretty major architectural change.