I am having this exact problem with my CS:S server at the moment.
started a short time ago...the startup log for source says that it
connected to the steam server fine...so i dont know what the problem is :(

Svensk Ljud & Ljus Produktion wrote:
I have 4 dods servers in a server farm and one of theese is saying -Error
verifying STEAM UserID Ticket.- after a restart ?

If the server havent got a connection to valves servers, shouldnt it
allow
connections then ? and check then its getting a connect !

-its no problem to connect to the other 3 servers !

Peter

http://www.eset.com